COVID-19 | Whites Business Continuity
Whites Recycling wants to assure all of our customers and partners that we have taken all the necessary steps to reduce risks and safeguard staff, customers and suppliers and counter any of the expected scenarios that may present from the Covid-19 virus in the UK.
In keeping with the current advice available from the Government and its scientific advisors, Whites Recycling are taking steps to protect staff, customers and suppliers from the direct and indirect effects of the coronavirus.
To try to halt the spread of the disease:
• Whites Recycling is restricting all but essential visits to and between sites.
• Our staff have been advised to utilise video and tele conferencing.
• On Whites sites, staff and visitors are being asked to wash hands regularly and thoroughly, to use hand sanitiser, to minimise physical contact and to maintain a suitable distance between each other.
• The Management team have been made aware of the symptoms of Coronavirus, and managers are aware to look out for staff displaying any symptoms.
• In the event that a worker begins to display symptoms of the virus, they will be asked to self-isolate in line with the Government’s current advice.
In order to provide continuity of service we are:
• Ensuring staff that can work from home do so.
• Taking the decision that we will not be attempting to obtain customer signatures on waste transfer notes, due to the possible risk of contracting Coronavirus. Wherever possible we will obtain a name and or photos of waste being removed, but where this is not feasible without the possibility of contamination then the customer signature field will be left blank.
• Engaging with customers to find out what their own contingency plans are.
• Making preparations to transfer staff around the group if required to cover critical functions.
We would respectfully request that anyone with non-urgent business refrains from visiting the Whites sites during this period; and that nobody visits without an appointment.
If you are scheduled to visit a Whites site, but discover that you are displaying any symptoms associated with the virus, we would ask that you cancel your visit in the interests of the health and safety of others working at the site.
Thank you for your cooperation.Whites